As our population booms in Northwest Arkansas, we are seeing an increase in reported crimes in the area. Nowhere is that more evident and alarming than in the Cooper Communities' controlled creation in Benton County. Among incidents reported to the new independent Bella Vista Police Department on Monday were the following:
• At 9: 40 a. m. a man on Melbourn Drive reported neighbors were harassing him about things in his yard and accusing him of running an illegal daycare facility, but the children they see are his six children.
• At 2: 39 p. m. someone stopped at the Police Department to report his credit report listed a bill that wasn’t his.
• At 3: 09 p. m. a caller on Reading Lane reported a verbal disturbance between a girlfriend and a boyfriend.
• At 3: 25 p. m. someone stopped at the Police Department to report receiving information about moisture control.
• At 6: 28 p. m. a caller on Rettendon Lane who lives with her in-laws reported her father-in-law missing and reported he returned home about an hour later.
• At 6: 51 p. m. a caller on Coventry Drive reported a suspicious man was walking around the area doing air-pollution studies.
• At 10: 11 p. m. a caller on Queensferry Drive reported hearing shots fired.
• At 10: 14 p. m. a caller on Liddy Lane reported someone was shooting off high-powered fireworks in the area.
"You were the Chief Inspector...before you went crazy."